Our self-paced, online home inspector class follows a step-by-step process to make it easy for you to obtain the vital knowledge to become a licensed home inspector and start your inspector business.
This convenient course addresses the entire home inspection process using instructor presentations, GoPro video footage of actual inspections, and other supportive materials with access to materials and your instructor for up to 12 months.
Our live courses are taught by experienced, successful home inspectors and include hands-on experience in local homes. Training includes all major home systems and professional inspection processes and reports.
PLUS: Field Training for hands-on, real inspections of real homes!
ALL LIVE & ONLINE COURSES INCLUDE
Washington Home Inspector License Requirements
Requirements to Become a Washington Home Inspector
- Washington home inspection education hours: 120 hours
- Inspections: 40 hours
- Exam Required: Washington State Exam (including national)
- Application Fee: $680 (other fees may apply)
- Notarized application and fingerprints are not required
- Background check is not required but applicants are required to disclose
- No minimum age requirement
Home Inspection License Expiration: Every two years on the applicant's second birthday following issuance
Washington Home Inspector Continuing Education Requirements
- 24 hours every two years
Washington State Licensing Board
- Washington State Department of Licensing establishes the Washington Home Inspector License Requirements