Our self-paced, online home inspector class follows a step-by-step process to make it easy for you to obtain the vital knowledge to become a licensed home inspector and start your inspector business.
This convenient course addresses the entire home inspection process using instructor presentations, GoPro video footage of actual inspections, and other supportive materials with access to materials and your instructor for up to 12 months.
Our live courses are taught by experienced, successful home inspectors and include hands-on experience in local homes. Training includes all major home systems and professional inspection processes and reports.
PLUS: Field Training for hands-on, real inspections of real homes!
ALL LIVE & ONLINE COURSES INCLUDE
South Carolina Home Inspector License Requirements
Requirements to Become a South Carolina Home Inspector
- Home inspection education hours: no specified hours, but the course must be approved by the state
- Exam Required: NHIE OR South Carolina specific exam
- Application Fee: $80 (other fees may apply)
- Notarized application is required
- Background check required only with certain arrests/convictions
- Fingerprints are not required
- Social Security card and Driver’s License are required
- Minimum age requirement: 18
- Previous Experience: if applying without examination
Home Inspection License Expiration: 6/30 every two years (even)
South Carolina Home Inspector Continuing Education Requirements
- No continuing education is required for renewal
South Carolina State Licensing Board
- South Carolina Residential Builders Commission establishes the South Carolina Home Inspector Licensing Requirements