Our self-paced, online home inspector class follows a step-by-step process to make it easy for you to obtain the vital knowledge to become a licensed home inspector and start your inspector business.
This convenient course addresses the entire home inspection process using instructor presentations, GoPro video footage of actual inspections, and other supportive materials with access to materials and your instructor for up to 12 months.
Our live courses are taught by experienced, successful home inspectors and include hands-on experience in local homes. Training includes all major home systems and professional inspection processes and reports.
PLUS: Field Training for hands-on, real inspections of real homes!
ALL LIVE & ONLINE COURSES INCLUDE
Alaska Home Inspector License Requirements
Requirements to Become a Alaska Home Inspector
- Home Inspector Registration Application Packet
- Exam Required: ASHI/NHIE/ICC (depending on what you want to inspect)
- Application Fee: $300 (other fees may apply)
- Insurance Requirements: Surety bond: $10,000; Liability insurance: $20,000 property damage, $50,000 injury or death to one person, $100,000 injury or death to more than one person.
- Notarized application is required
- No background check, but need to disclose, and fingerprints are not required
- No minimum age requirement
Home Inspection License Expiration: 6/30 every two years (even)
Alaska Home Inspector Continuing Education Requirements
- 18 hours every two years
Alaska State Licensing Board
- Division of Corporations, Business, and Professional Licensing establishes the Alaska Home Inspector Licensing Requirements