OHIO HOME INSPECTION LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
REQUIREMENTS TO BECOME A HOME INSPECTOR
The first step is to understand the licensing or certification requirements for your state.
Ohio Home Inspector License Requirements
Requirements to Become an Ohio Home Inspector
- IMPORTANT NOTE: The Ohio Division of Real Estate & Professional Licensing is currently not enforcing the April 5, 2020 licensing deadline until administrative rules are in effect. The deadline for home inspector licensing is now July 1, 2020. Please check back for updated information on training requirements for new licensees.
- Home Inspection License Expiration:N/A
- Please visit Ohio’s Home Inspector Program for more information about the new home inspector licensing law. Existing home inspectors may apply for a “grandfathered” license if certain requirements are met.
Ohio Home Inspector Continuing Education Requirements
- No continuing education is currently required
Ohio State Licensing Board
- The Ohio Division of Real Estate & Professional Licensing regulates home inspectors.
- State of Ohio Board of Career Colleges and Schools has approved American Home Inspectors Training (School Registration No: 1824) to offer postsecondary education in Ohio.