Our self-paced, online home inspector class follows a step-by-step process to make it easy for you to obtain the vital knowledge to become a licensed home inspector and start your inspector business.
This convenient course addresses the entire home inspection process using instructor presentations, GoPro video footage of actual inspections, and other supportive materials with access to materials and your instructor for up to 12 months.
Our live courses are taught by experienced, successful home inspectors and include hands-on experience in local homes. Training includes all major home systems and professional inspection processes and reports.
PLUS: Field Training for hands-on, real inspections of real homes!
ALL LIVE & ONLINE COURSES INCLUDE
Maryland Home Inspector License Requirements
Requirements to Become a Maryland Home Inspector
- Maryland home inspection education: 72 hours
- Exam Required: NHIE
- Application Fee: $325 (other fees may apply)
- Insurance Requirements: General Liability coverage for at least $150,000
- Notarized application, background check, and fingerprints are not required
- High School Diploma or GED is required
Home Inspection License Expiration: Every two years from original licensure date
Maryland Home Inspector Continuing Education Requirements
- 30 hours every two years (up to 30% can be online)
Maryland State Licensing Board
- Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing & Regulation establishes the Maryland Home Inspector License Requirements