Our self-paced, online home inspector class follows a step-by-step process to make it easy for you to obtain the vital knowledge to become a licensed home inspector and start your inspector business.
This convenient course addresses the entire home inspection process using instructor presentations, GoPro video footage of actual inspections, and other supportive materials with access to materials and your instructor for up to 12 months.
Our live courses are taught by experienced, successful home inspectors and include hands-on experience in local homes. Training includes all major home systems and professional inspection processes and reports.
PLUS: Field Training for hands-on, real inspections of real homes!
ALL LIVE & ONLINE COURSES INCLUDE
South Dakota Home Inspector License Requirements
Requirements to Become a South Dakota Home Inspector
- South Dakota home inspection education hours: 40 hours
- Exam Required: NHIE
- Inspections required: 100 (for a Licensed Home Inspector)
- Application Fee: $200 (other fees may apply)
- Previous Experience: Registered Home Inspector - none, Licensed Home Inspector - at least 1 year as a Registered Home Inspector
- Notarized application is not required
- Background check is required (state and federal)
- No minimum age requirement
- High School or GED is required
Home Inspection License Expiration: 11/30 every two years
South Dakota Home Inspector Continuing Education Requirements
- 24 hours every two years
South Dakota State Licensing Board
- South Dakota Real Estate Commission establishes the South Dakota Home Inspector Licensing requirements