ALABAMA HOME INSPECTION LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
REQUIREMENTS TO BECOME A HOME INSPECTOR
The first step is to understand the licensing or certification requirements for your state.
Alabama Home Inspector License Requirements
Requirements to Become an Alabama Home Inspector
- Exam Required: ASHI and NHIE
- Application Fee: $300 (other fees may apply)
- Applicant must meet one of four professional qualifications (see full details)
- Insurance Requirements: Obtain bodily injury and property damage liability insurance covering the applicant’s home inspection operations in the sum of not less than $20,000 for injury or damage to property; $50,000 for injury or damage, including death, to any one person; $100,000 for injury or damage, including death, to more than one person; and $250,000 of E&O coverage.
- Notarized application is required
- Background check and fingerprints are not required
Home Inspection License Expiration: 12/31 every year (filed by 10/1)
Alabama Home Inspector Continuing Education Requirements
- No continuing education required for renewal