Best-in-Class Alabama Home Inspection Training
Alabama Home Inspection Training
Searching for home inspector training to get your home inspector license in Alabama? American Home Inspectors Training (AHIT) offers industry-leading interactive online home inspection training so you can learn from the convenience of your own home.
Our Alabama online home inspection course contains all the information needed to launch your home inspection career. This self-paced, online home inspector class follows a step-by-step process to make it easy for you to understand all the vital knowledge you need to know to become a home inspector in Alabama and to get your inspector business started.
In addition, you can attend a live home inspection training class in Alabama that will provide hands-on experience in local homes.
Alabama Online Home Inspection Certification Course Includes:
Professional Home Inspection Online Course: Convenient online home inspector course that addresses the entire home inspection process using instructor presentations, GoPro video footage of actual inspections and other supportive materials with access to materials for up to 12 months.
Add-on Live Training for Hands-on Experience
Our comprehensive live home inspector training includes:
- Live Classroom Training: 3 days of in-person training covering all major home systems and professional inspection process and reports taught by successful home inspectors
- Field Training: Hands-on, real inspections of real homes
Everything you need to succeed as a home inspector is included when you select AHIT as your education partner.
Alabama Home Inspector Licensing Requirements
Requirements to Become an Alabama Home Inspector
- Alabama home inspection education hours: 120 hours (effective March 15, 2020)
- Inspections: Participation in 35 home inspections (effective March 15, 2020)
- Exam Required: ASHI and NHIE
- Application Fee: $300 (other fees may apply)
- Draft home inspection reports for 25 home inspections, 10 of which must be reviewed and corrected by a qualified home inspector (effective March 15, 2020)
- Applicant must meet one of four professional qualifications (see full details)
- Insurance Requirements: Obtain bodily injury and property damage liability insurance covering the applicant’s home inspection operations in the sum of not less than $20,000 for injury or damage to property; $50,000 for injury or damage, including death, to any one person; $100,000 for injury or damage, including death, to more than one person; and $250,000 of E&O coverage.
- Notarized application is required
- Background check and fingerprints are not required
Home Inspection License Expiration: 12/31 every year (filed by 10/1)
Alabama Home Inspector Continuing Education Requirements
- No continuing education required for renewal