Our self-paced, online home inspector class follows a step-by-step process to make it easy for you to obtain the vital knowledge to become a licensed home inspector and start your inspector business.
This convenient course addresses the entire home inspection process using instructor presentations, GoPro video footage of actual inspections, and other supportive materials with access to materials and your instructor for up to 12 months.
Our live courses are taught by experienced, successful home inspectors and include hands-on experience in local homes. Training includes all major home systems and professional inspection processes and reports.
PLUS: Field Training for hands-on, real inspections of real homes!
ALL LIVE & ONLINE COURSES INCLUDE
Alabama Home Inspector License Requirements
Requirements to Become an Alabama Home Inspector
- Alabama home inspection education hours: 120 hours (effective March 15, 2020)
- Inspections: Participation in 35 home inspections (effective March 15, 2020)
- Exam Required: ASHI and NHIE
- Application Fee: $300 (other fees may apply)
- Draft home inspection reports for 25 home inspections, 10 of which must be reviewed and corrected by a qualified home inspector (effective March 15, 2020)
- Applicant must meet one of four professional qualifications (see full details)
- Insurance Requirements: Obtain bodily injury and property damage liability insurance covering the applicant’s home inspection operations in the sum of not less than $20,000 for injury or damage to property; $50,000 for injury or damage, including death, to any one person; $100,000 for injury or damage, including death, to more than one person; and $250,000 of E&O coverage.
- Notarized application is required
- Background check and fingerprints are not required
Home Inspection License Expiration: 12/31 every year (filed by 10/1)