Our self-paced, online home inspector class follows a step-by-step process to make it easy for you to obtain the vital knowledge to become a licensed home inspector and start your inspector business.
This convenient course addresses the entire home inspection process using instructor presentations, GoPro video footage of actual inspections, and other supportive materials with access to materials and your instructor for up to 12 months.
Our live courses are taught by experienced, successful home inspectors and include hands-on experience in local homes. Training includes all major home systems and professional inspection processes and reports.
PLUS: Field Training for hands-on, real inspections of real homes!
ALL LIVE & ONLINE COURSES INCLUDE
Indiana Home Inspector License Requirements
Requirements to Become an Indiana Home Inspector
- Indiana home inspection education hours: 60 hours
- Inspections: 12 hours of practical experience included in part of the 60 hours
- Exam Required: NHIE
- Application Fee: $50 (other fees may apply)
- Insurance Requirements: General liability coverage for at least $100,000
- Notarized application, background check, and fingerprints are not required.
- Minimum age requirement: 18 years old
- High School Diploma or GED is required
Home Inspection License Expiration: 10/1 every two years (odd)
Indiana Home Inspector Continuing Education Requirements
- 32 hours every two years
Indiana State Licensing Board
- The Indiana Professional Licensing Agency establishes the Indiana Home Inspector Licensing Requirements.