Our self-paced, online home inspector class follows a step-by-step process to make it easy for you to obtain the vital knowledge to become a licensed home inspector and start your inspector business.
This convenient course addresses the entire home inspection process using instructor presentations, GoPro video footage of actual inspections, and other supportive materials with access to materials and your instructor for up to 12 months.
Our live courses are taught by experienced, successful home inspectors and include hands-on experience in local homes. Training includes all major home systems and professional inspection processes and reports.
PLUS: Field Training for hands-on, real inspections of real homes!
ALL LIVE & ONLINE COURSES INCLUDE
Montana Home Inspector License Requirements
Requirements to Become a Montana Home Inspector
- Effective January 1, 2020, home inspectors in Montana must be licensed.
- Montana home inspection education hours: 40 (option 1 of 2 for licensure)
- Exam Required: NHIE or other board approved exam (option 2 of 2 for licensure)
- Application Fee: $80 (other fees may apply)
- Insurance Requirements: Minimum of $100,000 general commercial liability insurance and minimum of $100,000 errors and omissions insurance
- Home Inspection License Expiration:Every two years from date of issuance
Montana Home Inspector Continuing Education Requirements
- 40 hours every two years
MONTANA STATE LICENSING BOARD
The Montana Department of Labor & Industry oversees home inspectors.