Our self-paced, online home inspector class follows a step-by-step process to make it easy for you to obtain the vital knowledge to become a licensed home inspector and start your inspector business.
This convenient course addresses the entire home inspection process using instructor presentations, GoPro video footage of actual inspections, and other supportive materials with access to materials and your instructor for up to 12 months.
Our live courses are taught by experienced, successful home inspectors and include hands-on experience in local homes. Training includes all major home systems and professional inspection processes and reports.
PLUS: Field Training for hands-on, real inspections of real homes!
ALL LIVE & ONLINE COURSES INCLUDE
Tennessee Home Inspector License Requirements
Requirements to Become a Tennessee Home Inspector
- Tennessee home inspection education hours: 90 hours
- Exam Required: NHIE
- Application Fee: $300 (other fees may apply)
- Minimum age requirement: 18
- Insurance Requirements: General Liability of $500,000; E&O coverage in an amount to cover all home inspection activities
- Notarized application, background check, and fingerprints are not required
- High School Diploma or GED is required
Home Inspection License Expiration: Every two years from date of issuance (submission between 120 and 30 days prior to expiration)