Requirements to Become a Kentucky Home Inspector
- Kentucky home inspection education hours: 64 hours
- Inspections: 3 unpaid inspections under the direct supervision of a Kentucky licensed home inspector. Direct supervision is defined as a Kentucky licensed home inspector being present during the 3 unpaid home inspections.
- Exam Required: NHIE
- Application Fee: $250 (other fees may apply)
- Insurance Requirements: General liability coverage for at least $250,000
- Background check required: Kentucky State Police and FBI (includes fingerprinting)
- Minimum age requirement: 18 years old
- Notarized application is not required
- High School Diploma or GED is required
Home Inspection License Expiration: Every two years (even) on last day of birth month
Kentucky Home Inspector Continuing Education Requirements
- 14 hours annually. After initial renewal, license will expire on even-numbered years with a total of 28 hours needed.
Kentucky State Licensing Board