Our self-paced, online home inspector class follows a step-by-step process to make it easy for you to obtain the vital knowledge to become a licensed home inspector and start your inspector business.
This convenient course addresses the entire home inspection process using instructor presentations, GoPro video footage of actual inspections, and other supportive materials with access to materials and your instructor for up to 12 months.
Our live courses are taught by experienced, successful home inspectors and include hands-on experience in local homes. Training includes all major home systems and professional inspection processes and reports.
PLUS: Field Training for hands-on, real inspections of real homes!
ALL LIVE & ONLINE COURSES INCLUDE
Louisiana Home Inspector License Requirements
Requirements to Become a Louisiana Home Inspector
- Louisiana home inspection education hours: 90 hours
- Standards of practice report writing seminar by LSBHI
- Inspections: 30 hours of hands-on +10 hours/10 live inspections
- Exam Required: NHIE
- Application Fee: $200 (other fees may apply)
- Minimum age requirement: 18
- Insurance Requirements: E&O Insurance for $300,000 (max deductible $5000) and General Liability Insurance for $300,000 (max deductible $5000)
- Bond: $25,000
- Notarized application is required
- Background check and fingerprints are not required
- High School Diploma or GED is required
Home Inspection License Expiration: Annually on last day of anniversary month