Our self-paced, online home inspector class follows a step-by-step process to make it easy for you to obtain the vital knowledge to become a licensed home inspector and start your inspector business.
This convenient course addresses the entire home inspection process using instructor presentations, GoPro video footage of actual inspections, and other supportive materials with access to materials and your instructor for up to 12 months.
Our live courses are taught by experienced, successful home inspectors and include hands-on experience in local homes. Training includes all major home systems and professional inspection processes and reports.
PLUS: Field Training for hands-on, real inspections of real homes!
ALL LIVE & ONLINE COURSES INCLUDE
Ohio Home Inspector License Requirements
Requirements to Become an Ohio Home Inspector
- IMPORTANT NOTE: The Ohio Division of Real Estate & Professional Licensing is currently not enforcing the April 5, 2020 licensing deadline until administrative rules are in effect. The deadline for home inspector licensing is now July 1, 2020. Please check back for updated information on training requirements for new licensees.
- Home Inspection License Expiration:N/A
- Please visit Ohio’s Home Inspector Program for more information about the new home inspector licensing law. Existing home inspectors may apply for a “grandfathered” license if certain requirements are met.
Ohio Home Inspector Continuing Education Requirements
- No continuing education is currently required
Ohio State Licensing Board
- The Ohio Division of Real Estate & Professional Licensing regulates home inspectors.
- State of Ohio Board of Career Colleges and Schools has approved American Home Inspectors Training (School Registration No: 1824) to offer postsecondary education in Ohio.