Our self-paced, online home inspector class follows a step-by-step process to make it easy for you to obtain the vital knowledge to become a licensed home inspector and start your inspector business.
This convenient course addresses the entire home inspection process using instructor presentations, GoPro video footage of actual inspections, and other supportive materials with access to materials and your instructor for up to 12 months.
Our live courses are taught by experienced, successful home inspectors and include hands-on experience in local homes. Training includes all major home systems and professional inspection processes and reports.
PLUS: Field Training for hands-on, real inspections of real homes!
ALL LIVE & ONLINE COURSES INCLUDE
Connecticut Home Inspector License Requirements
Requirements to Become a Connecticut Home Inspector
- Connecticut home inspection education hours: 40 hours
- Exam Required: NHIE
- Home Inspections: 100, with first 10 being directly supervised
- Application Fee: $220 (intern permit)/$290 (license) (other fees may apply)
- Insurance Requirements: E&O insurance equal to or greater than $50,000, and liability insurance equal to or greater than $250,000
- Notarized application is required
- Background is not required, but need to disclose
- Fingerprints are not required
- No minimum age requirement
- High School Diploma or GED is required
Home Inspection License Expiration: 6/30 every two years (odd)