Delaware’s home inspector registration is two-tiered: Home Inspector Trainee and Home Inspector. Inspectors must first apply as a Home Inspector Trainee prior to completing the requirements to become a Home Inspector.
- Delaware home inspection education hours: 140 hours (license only)
- Exam required: NHIE (license only)
- Home Inspections: 75 under “active oversight” (license only)
- Insurance Requirements: E&O insurance equal to or greater than $50,000, and liability insurance equal to or greater than $250,000 (license only)
- Application Fee: $160 (trainee registration)/$293 (license) (other fees may apply)
- Notarized application is required. No background check, but criminal history must be disclosed.
- Fingerprints are not required
- No minimum age requirement
- High School Diploma or GED is required
Home Inspection License Expiration: 8/31 every two years (odd)