INDIANA HOME INSPECTION LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
REQUIREMENTS TO BECOME A HOME INSPECTOR
The first step is to understand the licensing or certification requirements for your state.
Indiana Home Inspector License Requirements
Requirements to Become an Indiana Home Inspector
- Indiana home inspection education hours: 60 hours
- Inspections: 12 hours of practical experience included in part of the 60 hours
- Exam Required: NHIE
- Application Fee: $50 (other fees may apply)
- Insurance Requirements: General liability coverage for at least $100,000
- Notarized application, background check, and fingerprints are not required.
- Minimum age requirement: 18 years old
- High School Diploma or GED is required
Home Inspection License Expiration: 10/1 every two years (odd)
Indiana Home Inspector Continuing Education Requirements
- 32 hours every two years
Indiana State Licensing Board
- The Indiana Professional Licensing Agency establishes the Indiana Home Inspector Licensing Requirements.