Our self-paced, online home inspector class follows a step-by-step process to make it easy for you to obtain the vital knowledge to become a licensed home inspector and start your inspector business.
This convenient course addresses the entire home inspection process using instructor presentations, GoPro video footage of actual inspections, and other supportive materials with access to materials and your instructor for up to 12 months.
Our live courses are taught by experienced, successful home inspectors and include hands-on experience in local homes. Training includes all major home systems and professional inspection processes and reports.
PLUS: Field Training for hands-on, real inspections of real homes!
ALL LIVE & ONLINE COURSES INCLUDE
Illinois Home Inspector License Requirements
Requirements to Become an Illinois Home Inspector
- Illinois home inspection education hours: 60 hours
- Inspections: 5 mock
- Exam Required: IL Home Inspector Examination
- Application Fee: $250 (other fees may apply)
- Notarized application, background check, and fingerprints are not required
- Minimum age requirement: 21
- High School Diploma or GED is required
Home Inspection License Expiration: 11/30 every two years
Illinois Home Inspector Continuing Education Requirements
- 12 hours every two years
Illinois State Licensing Board
- Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation requires that your final course exam be proctored for pre-license and continuing education.
- Illinois Department of Financial & Professional Regulation establishes the Illinois Home Inspector License Requirements