TENNESSEE HOME INSPECTION LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
REQUIREMENTS TO BECOME A HOME INSPECTOR
The first step is to understand the licensing or certification requirements for your state.
Tennessee Home Inspector License Requirements
Tennessee Home Inspector Course Options
- Professional Home Inspection Online Course: $695.00
- 5-Day Professional Home Inspection Blended Course: $1,845.00
American Home Inspectors Training is authorized for operation as a postsecondary education institution by the Tennessee Higher Education Commission.
Requirements to Become a Tennessee Home Inspector
- Tennessee home inspection education hours: 90 hours
- Exam Required: NHIE
- Application Fee: $300 (other fees may apply)
- Minimum age requirement: 18
- Insurance Requirements: General Liability of $500,000; E&O coverage in an
amount to cover all home inspection activities
- Notarized application, background check, and fingerprints are not required
- High School Diploma or GED is required
Home Inspection License Expiration: Every two years from date of issuance (submission
between 120 and 30 days prior to expiration)
Tennessee Home Inspector Continuing Education Requirements
- 32 hours every two years
Tennessee State Licensing Board
Job Placement & Graduation Information
In order to view detailed job placement and graduation information on the programs offered by American
Home Inspectors Training, please visit https://www.tn.gov/thec/bureaus/student-aid-and-compliance/postsecondary-state-authorization/authorized-institutions-and-data.html.
Transferability Of Credit
No life experience, credit through challenge exams, or previous training may be applied to any Course. AHIT is a special purpose institution. That purpose is to train home inspectors. Students should be aware that transfer of credit is always the responsibility of the receiving institution. Whether or not credits transfer is solely up to the receiving institution. Any student interested in transferring credit hours should check with the receiving institution directly to deter to what extent, if any, credit hours can be transferred.