MONTANA HOME INSPECTION LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
REQUIREMENTS TO BECOME A HOME INSPECTOR
The first step is to understand the licensing or certification requirements for your state.
Requirements to Become a Montana Home Inspector
- Effective January 1, 2020, home inspectors in Montana must be licensed.
- Montana home inspection education hours: 40 (option 1 of 2 for licensure)
- Exam Required: NHIE or other board approved exam (option 2 of 2 for licensure)
- Application Fee: $80 (other fees may apply)
- Insurance Requirements: Minimum of $100,000 general commercial liability insurance and minimum of $100,000 errors and omissions insurance
- Home Inspection License Expiration:Every two years from date of issuance
Montana Home Inspector Continuing Education Requirements
- 40 hours every two years
MONTANA STATE LICENSING BOARD
The Montana Department of Labor & Industry oversees home inspectors.