Best-in-Class Live New York Home Inspection Training!
New York Home Inspection Training
Searching for home inspector training to get your home inspector license in New York? American Home Inspectors Training (AHIT) is an approved New York home inspection school. AHIT offers hands-on interactive training for home inspection taught by expert home inspector trainers.
Our live New York home inspection class combines our step-by-step education process and real-life field training to make it easy for you to understand all the vital knowledge you need to know to about how to become a home inspector in New York and to get your inspector business started.
New York Live Home Inspection Certification Course Includes:
New York Live Home Inspection Training – The best, hands-on, comprehensive home inspector training from the company with the most experience
- Classroom Training: 12 days of in-person training covering all major home systems and professional inspection process and reports taught by successful home inspectors
- Field Training: 5 days of hands-on, real inspections of real homes
- Online Study Modules: 12 months of access to supplemental online home inspector course to review the key principles of a home inspection
- Home Inspection Reporting Software: 12 months of FREE* access to AHIT’s proprietary InspectIT home inspection reporting software
- Inspecting Commercial Properties Online Course: This video-based building inspection course will make your learning experience fun and easy while it takes you step-by-step through the vital information you need to know about how to become a commercial building inspector.
*After 12 months you will be required to pay $599 for continued usage of the InspectIT software. After 24 months, there will be a $9.95 per month maintenance fee. Not valid on past purchases.
Everything you need to succeed as a New York home inspector included when you select AHIT as your education partner.
New York Home Inspection Licensing Requirements
Requirements to Become a New York Home Inspector
- New York home inspection education hours: 140 hours
- Inspections: 40 hours field (included in 140 hours)
- Exam Required: NYS Exam
- Application Fee: $250 (other fees may apply)
- Insurance Requirements: General liability for a minimum of $150,000 per occurrence and $500,000 aggregate
- Notarized application, background check, and fingerprints are not required
- No minimum age requirement
- High School Diploma or GED is required
Home Inspection License Expiration: 12/31 every two years
New York Home Inspector Continuing Education Requirements
- 24 hours every two years
New York State Licensing Board
- New York Division of Licensing Services establishes the New York Home Inspector License