Our self-paced, online home inspector class follows a step-by-step process to make it easy for you to obtain the vital knowledge to become a licensed home inspector and start your inspector business.
This convenient course addresses the entire home inspection process using instructor presentations, GoPro video footage of actual inspections, and other supportive materials with access to materials and your instructor for up to 12 months.
Our live courses are taught by experienced, successful home inspectors and include hands-on experience in local homes. Training includes all major home systems and professional inspection processes and reports.
PLUS: Field Training for hands-on, real inspections of real homes!
ALL LIVE & ONLINE COURSES INCLUDE
Massachusetts Home Inspector License Requirements
Requirements to Become a Massachusetts Home Inspector
- Massachusetts home inspection education hours: 75 hours
- Inspections: 25 home inspections in the presence of a licensed home inspector
- Exam Required: NHIE
- Application Fee: $225
- Insurance Requirements: E&O for a minimum of $250,000
- Passport sized photo taken within one year is required
- Notarized application and a background check is required. Fingerprints are not required. No minimum age requirement.
- High School Diploma or GED is required
Home Inspection License Expiration: Every two years
Massachusetts Home Inspector Continuing Education Requirements
- 12 hours by May 31 biennially, even years
Massachusetts State Licensing Board
- The Board of Registration of Home Inspectors establishes the Massachusetts Home Inspector License Requirements.