Our self-paced, online home inspector class follows a step-by-step process to make it easy for you to obtain the vital knowledge to become a licensed home inspector and start your inspector business.
This convenient course addresses the entire home inspection process using instructor presentations, GoPro video footage of actual inspections, and other supportive materials with access to materials and your instructor for up to 12 months.
Our live courses are taught by experienced, successful home inspectors and include hands-on experience in local homes. Training includes all major home systems and professional inspection processes and reports.
PLUS: Field Training for hands-on, real inspections of real homes!
ALL LIVE & ONLINE COURSES INCLUDE
Delaware Home Inspector License Requirements
Requirements to Become a Delaware Home Inspector
- Delaware home inspection education hours: 140 hours
- Exam required: NHIE
- Home Inspections: 75 under “active oversight”
- Insurance Requirements: E&O insurance equal to or greater than $50,000, and liability insurance equal to or greater than $250,000
- Notarized application and background check are required
- Fingerprints are not required
- No minimum age requirement
- High School Diploma or GED is required
Home Inspection License Expiration: 8/31 every two years (odd)
Delaware Home Inspector Continuing Education Requirements
- 40 hours every two years by 8/31