Our self-paced, online home inspector class follows a step-by-step process to make it easy for you to obtain the vital knowledge to become a licensed home inspector and start your inspector business.
This convenient course addresses the entire home inspection process using instructor presentations, GoPro video footage of actual inspections, and other supportive materials with access to materials and your instructor for up to 12 months.
Our live courses are taught by experienced, successful home inspectors and include hands-on experience in local homes. Training includes all major home systems and professional inspection processes and reports.
PLUS: Field Training for hands-on, real inspections of real homes!
ALL LIVE & ONLINE COURSES INCLUDE
Kentucky Home Inspector License Requirements
Requirements to Become a Kentucky Home Inspector
- Kentucky home inspection education hours: 64 hours
- Inspections: 3 unpaid inspections under the supervision of a Kentucky licensed home inspector
- Exam Required: NHIE
- Application Fee: $250 (other fees may apply)
- Insurance Requirements: General liability coverage for at least $250,000
- Background check required: Kentucky State Police and FBI
- Minimum age requirement: 18 years old
- Notarized application and fingerprints are not required
- High School Diploma or GED is required
Home Inspection License Expiration: Every two years (even) on last day of birth month
Kentucky Home Inspector Continuing Education Requirements
- 14 hours annually. After initial renewal, license will expire on even-numbered years with a total of 28 hours needed.
Kentucky State Licensing Board
- Kentucky Office of Occupations and Professions Board of Home Inspectors establishes the Kentucky Home Inspector License Requirements
- American Home Inspectors Training is a Kentucky Board of Home Inspectors approved pre-license education provider (ID# HI-1012).