Our self-paced, online home inspector class follows a step-by-step process to make it easy for you to obtain the vital knowledge to become a licensed home inspector and start your inspector business.
This convenient course addresses the entire home inspection process using instructor presentations, GoPro video footage of actual inspections, and other supportive materials with access to materials and your instructor for up to 12 months.
Our live courses are taught by experienced, successful home inspectors and include hands-on experience in local homes. Training includes all major home systems and professional inspection processes and reports.
PLUS: Field Training for hands-on, real inspections of real homes!
ALL LIVE & ONLINE COURSES INCLUDE
Texas Home Inspector License Requirements
Requirements to Become a Texas Home Inspector
- Texas professional inspector education requirements: 394 hours
- Inspections: 40 hours of field training (included in 394 hours)
- Exam Required: NHIE plus Texas specific exam
- Application Fee: $130 (other fees may apply)
- Minimum age requirement: 18
- Insurance Requirements: Liability insurance with a minimum of $100,000 per occurrence and an aggregate annual total of a minimum of $100,000
- Background check may be required
- Fingerprinting is required
- Citizen of the United States or a lawfully admitted alien
Home Inspection License Expiration: Every two years from date of issuance
Texas Home Inspector Continuing Education Requirements
- Home Inspection License Expiration: Every two years from date of issuance
- 16 hours annually
- Inspectors will not receive CE credit for more than 16 hours in one topic in a renewal term
- 32 total hours per renewal cycle
- Must include a 4 hour Standards of Practice Review course and a 4 hour Inspector Legal & Ethics course
- Texas Real Estate Commission requires that each final exam be proctored for qualifying and non-elective continuing education
Texas State Licensing Board
- Texas Real Estate Commission establishes the Texas Home Inspector License Requirements
- AHIT is a Texas Real Estate Commission approved qualifying education provider(#4567)
- 24-hour Texas Interactive Experience Training Module (TREC #30598)
- 40 hour (TREC #33794) In-field Training
American Home Inspectors Training
- QE: #4567 CE: #10077