Best-in-Class Texas Home Inspection Training
Texas Home Inspection Training
Searching for home inspector training to get your home inspector certification in Texas? American Home Inspectors Training (AHIT) is a Texas Real Estate Commission approved qualifying education provider (#4567). AHIT offers hands-on interactive training for home inspection taught by expert home inspector trainers.
Our blended Texas home inspection class combines our step-by-step education process and real-life field training to make it easy for you to understand all the vital knowledge you need to know to about how to become a home inspector in Texas and to get your inspector business started.
This home inspection course and included materials meet the 394 hours of core education required by Texas Real Estate Commission to obtain your Professional Home Inspector License.
Texas Blended Home Inspection Certification Class Includes:
Texas Home Inspection Course — The best online and hands-on comprehensive home inspector training from the company with the most experience.
- Online Study Modules: Convenient online Texas qualifying inspector education that addresses the entire home inspection process using instructor presentations and other supportive materials with access to materials for up to 12 months.
- Classroom Training: 4 days of in-person training taught by successful home inspectors covering all major home systems, the professional inspection process, and report writing.
- Field Training: 4 days of hands-on, real inspections of real homes
- NOW INCLUDED! Inspecting Commercial Properties Online Course: This video-based building inspection course will make your learning experience fun and easy while it takes you step-by-step through the vital information you need to know about how to become a commercial building inspector
Everything you need to succeed as a Texas home inspector included when your select AHIT as your education partner.
Texas Home Inspection Licensing Requirements
Requirements to Become a Texas Home Inspector
- Texas professional inspector education requirements: 394 hours
- Inspections: 40 hours of field training (included in 394 hours)
- Exam Required: NHIE plus Texas specific exam
- Application Fee: $130 (other fees may apply)
- Minimum age requirement: 18
- Insurance Requirements: Liability insurance with a minimum of $100,000 per occurrence and an aggregate annual total of a minimum of $100,000
- Background check may be required. Fingerprinting is required.
- Citizen of the United States or a lawfully admitted alien
Home Inspection License Expiration: Every two years from date of issuance
Texas Home Inspector Continuing Education Requirements
- 16 hours annually, 32 total hours per renewal cycle
Texas State Licensing Board
Texas Real Estate Commission establishes the Texas Home Inspector License Requirements
- AHIT is a Texas Real Estate Commission approved qualifying education provider (4567)
Online Training (330 hours)
- Texas Real Estate Commission requires that each final exam be proctored for qualifying and non-elective continuing education.
- Appliances (14 hours) – 29833
- Building Enclosures I (34 hours) – 29828
- Building Enclosures II (24 hours) – 34302
- Electrical (34 hours) – 29830
- EPA, CPSC, and Business (6 hours) – 29865
- Foundations (40 hours) – 29826
- Framing (38 hours) – 29827
- HVAC (34 hours) – 29831
- Plumbing (24 hours) – 29832
- Roofs (34 hours) – 29829
- Texas Legal/Ethics (8 hours) – 30045
- Texas Standards of Practice (4 hours) – 29864
- Texas Standard Report Form-Report Writing (20 hours) – 29863
- Standards of Practice Review (4 hours) – 32805
- Inspector Legal & Ethics (4 hours) – 32804
- Texas Interactive Experience Training Module (24 hours) – 30598
- Ride Along Course Session (40 hours) – 33794