Our self-paced, online home inspector class follows a step-by-step process to make it easy for you to obtain the vital knowledge to become a licensed home inspector and start your inspector business.
This convenient course addresses the entire home inspection process using instructor presentations, GoPro video footage of actual inspections, and other supportive materials with access to materials and your instructor for up to 12 months.
Our live courses are taught by experienced, successful home inspectors and include hands-on experience in local homes. Training includes all major home systems and professional inspection processes and reports.
PLUS: Field Training for hands-on, real inspections of real homes!
ALL LIVE & ONLINE COURSES INCLUDE
Virginia Home Inspector License Requirements
Requirements to Become a Virginia Home Inspector
- Virginia home inspection education hours: 35 or 70 hours (no more than half completed online)
- Inspections: 50 inspections (with 35 hours) OR 25 inspections (with 70 hours) under the direct supervision of a certified Virginia inspector
- Exam Required: NHIE
- Application Fee: $80 (other fees may apply)
- Insurance Requirements: General Liability of $250,000 per occurrence
- Notarized application and fingerprints are not required
- Background check not required but need to disclose
- Minimum age requirement: 18 years old
Home Inspection License Expiration: Every two years
Virginia Home Inspector Continuing Education Requirements
- 16 hours every two years
Virginia State Licensing Board
- Virginia Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation establishes the Virginia Home Inspector License Requirements