MASSACHUSETTS HOME INSPECTION LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
REQUIREMENTS TO BECOME A HOME INSPECTOR
The first step is to understand the licensing or certification requirements for your state.
Massachusetts Home Inspector License Requirements
Requirements to Become a Massachusetts Home Inspector
- Massachusetts home inspection education hours: 75 hours
- Inspections: 25 home inspections in the presence of a licensed home inspector
- Exam Required: NHIE
- Application Fee: $225
- Insurance Requirements: E&O for a minimum of $250,000
- Passport sized photo taken within one year is required
- Notarized application and a background check is required. Fingerprints are not required. No minimum age requirement.
- High School Diploma or GED is required
Home Inspection License Expiration: Every two years
Massachusetts Home Inspector Continuing Education Requirements
- 12 hours by May 31 biennially, even years
Massachusetts State Licensing Board
- The Board of Registration of Home Inspectors establishes the Massachusetts Home Inspector License Requirements.