ILLINOIS HOME INSPECTION LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
Thinking About How to Become a Home Inspector?
The first step is to understand the licensing or certification requirements for your state.
Illinois Home Inspector License Requirements
Requirements to Become an Illinois Home Inspector
- Illinois home inspection education hours: 60 hours
- Inspections: 5 mock
- Exam Required: IL Home Inspector Examination
- Application Fee: $250 (other fees may apply)
- Notarized application, background check, and fingerprints are not required
- Minimum age requirement: 21
- High School Diploma or GED is required
Home Inspection License Expiration: 11/30 every two years
Illinois Home Inspector Continuing Education Requirements
- 12 hours every two years
Illinois State Licensing Board
- Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation requires that your final course exam be proctored for pre-license and continuing education.
- Illinois Department of Financial & Professional Regulation establishes the Illinois Home Inspector License Requirements