Our self-paced, online home inspector class follows a step-by-step process to make it easy for you to obtain the vital knowledge to become a licensed home inspector and start your inspector business.
This convenient course addresses the entire home inspection process using instructor presentations, GoPro video footage of actual inspections, and other supportive materials with access to materials and your instructor for up to 12 months.
Our live courses are taught by experienced, successful home inspectors and include hands-on experience in local homes. Training includes all major home systems and professional inspection processes and reports.
PLUS: Field Training for hands-on, real inspections of real homes!
ALL LIVE & ONLINE COURSES INCLUDE
North Carolina Home Inspector License Requirements
Requirements to Become a North Carolina Home Inspector
- North Carolina home inspection education hours: 120 hours
- Inspections: 80 hours field with 10 site visits
- Exam Required: NC Exam
- Application Fee: $35 (other fees may apply)
- Insurance Requirements: General Liability for a minimum of $250,000 plus one of the following: a) minimum net assets (somewhere between $5k and $10k); b) a bond (somewhere between $5k and $10k); or c) E&O Insurance for $250,000
- Notarized application and fingerprints are not required
- Background check is required
- No minimum age requirement
- High School Diploma or GED is required
Home Inspection License Expiration: Annually on 9/30
North Carolina Home Inspector Continuing Education Requirements
- No continuing education is required for renewal
North Carolina State Licensing Board
- North Carolina Department of Insurance Home Inspector Licensure Board establishes the North Carolina Home Inspector Licensing Requirements