American Home Inspectors Training is the largest home inspection training company in North America. We continue to expand our presence to serve you and with American Home Inspectors Training’s industry-leading live classroom, online and home study courses, we are committed to providing you the most effective way to achieve success in the home inspection industry.
Empower aspiring and accomplished real estate, home inspection, and appraisal professionals with the tools they need to succeed.
LICENSING FOR HOME INSPECTORS
In some states licensing is required to work as a home inspector. States are increasingly introducing legislation regarding the home inspection profession. Students should become familiar with their state’s licensing requirements.
MEMBERSHIP & AFFILIATIONS
Professionalism is important and membership in related organizations is encouraged. These organizations have their own requirements. Some administer exams; others require a certain amount of experience.
Membership is voluntary in any professional organization and does not mean state certification or licensure nor does it guarantee employment.
American Home Inspectors Training belongs to ASHI, CREIA, FABI, and InterNACHI and offers approved pre and continuing education courses. American Home Inspectors Training is also a member of the Better Business Bureau.
Admission is open to any qualified applicant. No qualified person may be excluded from enrollment based on sex, race, ethnic origin, or religion.
APPLICANTS MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- The submission of any required forms (Enrollment Agreements, etc.) as required by state postsecondary
- Pay appropriate fees. See REGISTRATION AND TUITION.
REGISTRATION AND TUITION
Students may register for class here for online training or by phone (800-441-9411) for live training. Certain states require a signed Enrollment Agreement and other disclosures to complete registration.
Online training must be paid in full upon enrollment. A deposit (equivalent to the cost of online training) will hold a space in a live training class. The balance must be paid in full prior to the first day of class. Students will not be permitted to attend class unless tuition is paid in full.
TUITION AND PRICING POLICIES
Students enrolled in the same program may pay different tuition based upon effective dates of promotions. Tuition at the time of enrollment is final. Students who modify a program or service in a manner which will reduce or increase tuition may also pay a different price than other students.
Students who meet the following qualifications are eligible for tuition discounts:
- Students enrolling as part of a group
- Students enrolling under the same course schedule where discounts are available to all students
- Military personnel
American Home Inspectors Training does not offer scholarships or loans. Financing is available to qualified students. Students should contact their admission counselor for details.
American Home Inspectors Training does not participate in federal or state financial aid programs, nor does it offer institutional scholarship award plans or institutional grants.
The system requirements for American Home Inspectors Training’s LMS can be found here.
For technical assistance, please call Technical Support at 800-743-8703 or email them at [email protected]. Technical Supports is available to provide support during the following times:
|Monday – Thursday:||8:00am to 7:00pm (Central)|
|Friday:||8:00am to 6:00pm (Central)|
|Saturday – Sunday:||Closed|
When you call Technical Support, please be prepared to explain your problem in detail and have access to your computer. To effectively troubleshoot your issue, our technicians begin the call by asking you a series of questions regarding your operating environment. We will need to know what type of device you are using, the operating system you are using, the version number of your software, etc. Your call may be documented or monitored to help us maintain quality of service standards.
All of our courses are taught per ASHI, CREIA and state-specific standards of practice.
American Home Inspectors Training’s facilities include technologically equipped classrooms. All live training courses are held in designated training areas on pre-scheduled dates.
Course offerings vary based upon location. All courses provide graduates with the skills necessary to obtain employment as a home inspector, set up a home inspection company, or add home inspection services to their current offerings. Designed by AHIT’s team of certified and extensively experienced home inspection instructors, students learn about structures, exteriors, roofing, electrical, plumbing, heating and cooling, interiors, and insulation and ventilation.
All students receive an online user ID and password, books, a sample inspection report, videos and tools – including information on marketing and operating a business. Physical materials are sent in one initial shipment. A toll-free number (855-919-1438, Option 2) allows students to call instructional staff to discuss topics, tests, and projects, to request additional learning information, and to talk about the home inspection field prior to and after class completion.
Students must successfully complete a final examination with at least a score of 75% to receive a Completion Certificate.
REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICIES
LIVE CLASS REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY
- A student may cancel or reschedule any live training up to five (5) business days after the date of enrollment, at no charge, only if the class has not yet begun. If the class has begun, no refunds will be given.
- If the cancellation occurs between six (6) and 30 days of the enrollment, a student is entitled to a partial refund of $250 and is not required to return the books and materials.
- If a student needs to reschedule a live class after five (5) business days of enrollment, a $100 rescheduling fee will be applied. Students may not reschedule a class within two weeks of the class start date.
- If the student is not paid in full, they would need to pay their balance in full to be eligible for a transfer. $100 fee would not apply for the first transfer.
- Notwithstanding anything above, no refunds will be given to any student enrolling into a live class within two weeks of the class start date.
- If a student chooses to change his or her registration for a live class to an online class, he or she must do so within five (5) business days to receive the partial refund equal to the difference between the live class price and the online class price.
- A student may cancel his or her registration or request a rescheduling only by contacting his or her AHIT Admissions Counselor.
- If a student does not attend a live class for which he or she is registered, the student may, within 30 days of the beginning of such class, transfer his or her registration to another live class for a $100 transfer fee.
- If the student does not transfer registration within 30 days, the student may re-register for another live class at 100% of the retail price of the live class.
- Classes are not transferable to another student.
ONLINE CLASS REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY
- A student may cancel any online training up to five (5) business days after the date of enrollment if there is no evidence of the student beginning the course
- If a student terminates training after beginning the course, the following refunds apply:
|% of Course Completed||% of Allowed Refund|
|Within first 10% of program||90% of tuition less the cost of program materials*|
|After 10% but within first 25% of program||75% of tuition less the cost of program materials*|
|After 25% but within first 50% of program||50% of tuition less the cost of program materials*|
|After 50%||No refund|
|*Program materials are $250|
- If the student has not started the course, and it is within 30 days of enrollment, the student is entitled to a full refund less the cost of the program materials ($250) and is not required to return the books and materials.
- If a student chooses to change his or her registration from an online course to a live class, he or she must simply pay the difference to be eligible.
- A student may cancel his or her registration only by contacting his or her AHIT Admissions Counselor.
- Classes are not transferable to another student.
EXPIRATION AND EXTENSIONS
Courses must be completed within 12 months of enrollment date. If you are unable to complete your course within the initial 12-month period, you may extend course access for a fee of $50 per month. Students must contact AHIT within 30 days of expiration to obtain an extension. Access to the course after 30 days from initial expiration requires re-enrollment. A discounted fee of 50% of the original purchase price will be charged.
In the case of extenuating circumstances, the director will consider a settlement that is reasonable and fair to the student and the school.
- Students are required to fully pay all tuition no later than two (2) weeks prior to the start of a class. If full payment is not received, AHIT has the right to withdraw the student until the balance is paid in full.
- If a student does not contact American Home Inspectors Training to schedule payment for an outstanding balance, AHIT will invoice the student for payment two (2) weeks prior to the class start date.
- AHIT reserves the right to refer any outstanding balance to a collection agency.
- If a student desires to obtain a license in multiple states that require live training, AHIT will work with each such student to determine the best schedule for the student.
- Student will be charged 100% of the more expensive class and assessed an additional $500 fee for each additional live class.
- Students have six (6) months from the completion date of the first class to enroll in an additional class to take advantage of this discount. More than six (6) months completion of the class, student will be charged full price.
CHANGES MADE BY THE SCHOOL
- If AHIT cancels a live class (for any reason), a student may transfer into another session of his or her choice at no expense to the student. If the student chooses to attend a session in an adjacent state or of a longer duration, the student is required to pay any difference.
- AHIT is not responsible for any travel expenses (e.g., air, hotel, car rental, etc.) the student incurs.
- If AHIT cancels a class and the student wishes to modify his or her registration from a live class to an online class, he or she is eligible to receive the partial refund of the live class equal to the difference between the live class price and the online class price.
- If the school is unable to make alternative arrangements that are satisfactory to the student, the school will refund all monies paid by the student of the class.
NOTE: For students who are residents of, or taking live class training in, ARIZONA, COLORADO, GEORGIA, KANSAS, KENTUCKY, MINNESOTA, OHIO, PENNSYLVANIA, TENNESSEE, and WISCONSIN, the state-specific Enrollment Agreement contains the applicable refund and cancellation policy. GI Bill students taking the class in WISCONSIN should follow the GI Bill refund and cancellation policy listed in the Wisconsin Enrollment Agreement.
This policy relates only to those materials that are not included in your tuition expense.
PRODUCT RETURN AND REFUND POLICY
You have 30 calendar days to return an item from the date you purchased it, with the exception of non-returnable items. To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. Shipping costs are nonrefundable.
Once we receive your item(s), we will inspect it and notify you. If your return is approved, we will initiate a refund to the original form of payment. Credit card refunds are fully processed within 7-10 days, depending on your card issuer’s policies. No refunds are given after 30 calendar days of purchase.
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping for the cost of returning your item(s). Shipping costs are nonrefundable.
SOFTWARE REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY
TERMS OF SERVICE
Your software maintenance agreement begins 12 months after we activate your device and continues monthly through the term of use. (‘Service Commitment’).
Cloud terms are typically a 12 or 24-month period. At the end of your service commitment, this agreement will automatically continue on a month-to-month basis.
FULFILLMENT OF SERVICE COMMITMENT
There are two ways to fulfill your service commitment. You can pay for the services included in your service commitment upfront or monthly for the term of your service commitment. If you decide to cancel prior to the end of your service commitment an early termination fee (ETF) of $200 will apply.
YOUR TERMINATION RIGHTS
Within the first 14 days after service activation, you may terminate your agreement for any reason and not be required to pay an ETF. After the first 14 days, you may not terminate your agreement without penalty for any reason. If you do cancel, you agree to pay AHIT an early termination fee of $200. Once your contract period is complete, you may cancel at any time with a 30-day notice.
LACK OF PAYMENT
If for any reason your account falls more than thirty (30) days behind due to lack of payment, your software will be deactivated immediately, and you have thirty (30) days to contact American Home Inspectors Training with new billing information. If you contact AHIT after the thirty (30) day grace period, a $100 reactivation fee will occur. Any suspended account over ninety (90) days is subject to closure and loss of all data.
ACADEMIC INFORMATION, ATTENDANCE, & STANDARDS OF PROGRESS
Course outlines are available upon request.
Attendance in live classes is taken twice daily, during the morning session and again in the afternoon. Students are asked to sign/initial for each class attended. Attendance information is recorded and retained in the class files.
Students are expected to attend all classes within the time the course is scheduled in order to receive a Completion Certificate. Students may request withdrawal and make up the missed classes during the next scheduled course. Paid tuition will be refunded according to the applicable refund policy.
Students are responsible to attend every hour of each training course. If personal emergencies occur, students may speak with the instructor to arrange ways to make-up missed sections. Students must satisfactorily complete course requirements in order to graduate and receive a Completion Certificate.
LATE ARRIVAL/EARLY DEPARTURE/MAKE-UP WORK
Students who are absent due to late arrival or early departure should consult with the instructor to schedule required make-up time.
There are no provisions for late enrollment.
LEAVE OF ABSENCE/WITHDRAWAL
Students may request a leave of absence for extenuating circumstances. Arrangements may be made to re-enter the next available course or other upcoming classes. Students must complete the live coursework within 12 months. Students must complete the online training within 12 months. If a student stops attending classes and is placed on a leave of absence in lieu of a withdrawal from school, the school must document the nature of the leave of absence and the date the leave of absence ends. No leave of absence may exceed six months unless otherwise approved in writing. A student who fails to return to school at the end of a leave of absence shall be formally withdrawn from the school and any refund of tuition and fees shall be issued in accordance with the last date of a student’s attendance in class or participation in an academic activity.
See “Leave of Absence.” Students who have been absent during class must make arrangements for another class.
Students are graded on a pass/fail system. Those who attend live training must be present for all class time. All students must score a 75% or higher on the exam.
Depending on your state’s requirements, a Completion Certificate will be available online or issued via U.S. mail within 72 hours of completing all requirements.
Students receive feedback about their skills and knowledge based on in-class participation, fieldwork, and completion of reports.
Should a student receive a grade of less than 75% he/she will be notified in writing immediately after the test is taken and graded. Ways to raise the grade will be determined by the school and/or instructor. If the student is not able to achieve a score of 75%or higher, he/she will be requested to take the exam at another time.
There are no probationary periods because the lengths of the courses are short. Students have the choice to withdraw if there is no satisfactory progress or re-enroll the next time the course is offered. Students are notified in writing of their choices and may consult with the school director about their options.
Students will receive a Completion Certificate upon satisfactory completion of all course requirements including minimum grades, attendance, and any other requirements.
Student files are retained for the minimum time required by state regulations. Online student files are maintained online in our cloud-based servers, and paper files are held at our corporate office, located at:
American Home Inspectors Training
20225 Water Tower Blvd. 4th Floor
Brookfield, WI 53045
Student records may be requested in writing by the student at any time. Student records are confidential. No records will be made available to employers, prospective employers, or other schools unless a written request has been made by the student.
TRANSFER OR GRANTING OF CREDIT
No life experience, credit through challenge exams, or previous training may be applied to any course.
There is no guarantee that home inspection courses can be transferred to other schools. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether credits will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.
STUDENTS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
We train a number of students with special needs and/or disabilities. Students should contact their admission counselor for assistance with requests. People who work as a home inspector must have certain physical abilities to visually inspect buildings and structures, navigate throughout the building including on the roof, the ability to write inspection reports, and communicate with clients.
LANGUAGE OF TRAINING
All courses are offered only in English. American Home Inspectors Training does not offer English as a Second Language instruction.
Students are expected to make their own housing arrangements during the class.
FAMILY EDUCATIONAL RIGHTS AND PRIVACY ACT (FERPA)
American Home Inspectors Training complies with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) (20 U.S.C. § 1232g; 34 CFR Part 99). All student records are confidential.
Business and marketing skills are included in some course curriculum to enable graduates to become self-employed. When requests for building/home inspectors are made to the school, the school director advises graduates.
The use of a library is not required to complete any training courses. Industry texts and journals are available for student use online.
RULES OF CONDUCT
It is expected that students will conduct themselves in a professional manner and demonstrate respect for their instructors and fellow classmates. The school reserves the right to terminate a student on any of the ground listed below. Termination notice will be in writing citing the reasons for termination. Tuition will be refunded according to the applicable refund policy.
- Not complying with school rules and regulations.
- Unprofessional conduct.
- Unsatisfactory academic progress.
- Excessive absence or lateness.
- Failure to pay fees when due.
- Cheating or falsifying records.
- Breach of enrollment agreement.
- Entering school site while under the influence or effects of alcohol, drugs, or narcotics of any kind.
- Carrying a concealed or potentially dangerous weapon.
- Sexual harassment.
- Harassment of any kind including intimidation and discrimination.
Students who have been dismissed or terminated may be readmitted at the school director’s discretion.
Dress is casual and neat. Some days include work on actual inspection sites where work clothes are appropriate. Students will need an extra pair of clean shoes to be worn at field training sites.
DRUG FREE SCHOOL AND WORKPLACE
No student, instructor, or employee may be on the school premises or field/lab site under the influence or in the possession of any controlled substance. As a drug and alcohol-free environment, individuals under the influence or in the possession of any controlled substance will be subject to immediate dismissal/removal. Individuals may request counseling for substance abuse and will be referred to community resources.
There is no smoking within the schools, labs, or offices. Smokers may smoke outside. There is no smoking at the field sites.
SEXUAL HARASSMENT AND HAZING POLICY
AHIT takes the issue of sexual harassment very seriously. Sexual harassment includes unwelcome sexual advances or offensive comments, gestures, or physical contact of a sexual nature between and/or among students and staff. Sexual harassment or harassment because of age, race, color, religion, national origin, or disability, will not be tolerated. This includes any kind of intimidation or discrimination. Investigation of such concerns will be undertaken promptly and handled confidentially. Behavior that denigrates the integrity of another student (hazing) will not be tolerated. If a student or employee feels that he or she has suffered a form of discrimination or harassment, the individual should immediately contact a supervisor or school director. Students or staff involved may be subject to termination.
Students are expected to address any disagreements or conflict directly with the individual involved in person with a written document outlining the complaint and communication. After this, if there is no satisfactory resolution, the student may set an appointment by phone to see the school director. All communications regarding the complaint must be in writing and all meetings and communications will be documented in the student file. Every attempt at a satisfactory resolution will be made. If the complaint cannot be resolved after meeting with the director of the school, the student may contact the licensing board for the state where the school is located.
ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE HOURS
Administrative offices are open Monday through Friday and are available to provide full student and graduate support during the following times:
Monday – Friday: 8:00am to 5:00pm (Central)
Saturday – Sunday: Closed
EMAIL: [email protected]
Students enrolled in classes held over the weekends and during times not reflected above have access to trainer/trainers for support and other questions that may arise.
American Home Inspectors Training will be closed for business the following holidays:
New Years Day Memorial Day
Fourth of July Labor Day
Thanksgiving Day after Thanksgiving
Christmas Eve Day Christmas Day
New Years Eve Day
American Home Inspectors Training, an Mbition LLC school, makes no representations except as expressly set forth in this catalog, and under no circumstances does American Home Inspectors Training make any claim, promise, or guarantee for employment or state licensure.
American Home Inspectors Training reserves the right to change courses, start dates, tuition, and to cancel courses. Any changes will be made in accordance with State Board rules and regulations. The information contained in this policy is true and correct to the best of American Home Inspectors Training’s knowledge.
 In the event of an extension or re-enrollment, it is the responsibility of the student to verify with a school representative that the course approval is still active.
 Non-returnable items include image libraries, termite/radon/septic courses, business cards, brochures and racks cards.
State Specific Catalogs and Enrollment Agreements
- AZ Catalog
- AZ Enrollment Agreement
- CO Catalog
- CO Enrollment Agreement
- GA Catalog
- GA Enrollment Agreement
- KS Catalog
- KS Enrollment Agreement
- KY Catalog
- KY Enrollment Agreement
- LA Enrollment Agreement
- MN Catalog
- MN Enrollment Agreement
- OH Catalog
- OH Enrollment Agreement
- PA Catalog
- PA Enrollment Agreement
- TN Catalog
- TN Enrollment Agreement
- TX Enrollment Agreement
- WI Catalog
- WI Enrollment Agreement