LIVE CLASS REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY
- A student may cancel or reschedule any live training up to five (5) business days after the date of enrollment, at no charge, only if the class has not yet begun. If the class has begun, no refunds will be given.
- If the cancellation occurs between six (6) and 30 days of the enrollment, a student is entitled to a partial refund of $250 and is not required to return the books and materials.
- If a student needs to reschedule a live class after five (5) business days of enrollment, a $100 rescheduling fee will be applied. Students may not reschedule a class within two weeks of the class start date.
- If the student is not paid in full, they would need to pay their balance in full to be eligible for a transfer. $100 fee would not apply for the first transfer.
- Notwithstanding anything above, no refunds will be given to any student enrolling into a live class within two weeks of the class start date.
- If a student chooses to change his or her registration for a live class to an online class, he or she must do so within five (5) business days to receive the partial refund equal to the difference between the live class price and the online class price.
- A student may cancel his or her registration or request a rescheduling only by contacting his or her AHIT Admissions Counselor.
- If a student does not attend a live class for which he or she is registered, the student may, within 30 days of the beginning of such class, transfer his or her registration to another live class for a $100 transfer fee.
- If the student does not transfer registration within 30 days, the student may re-register for another live class at 100% of the retail price of the live class.
- Classes are not transferable to another student.
ONLINE CLASS REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY
- A student may cancel any online training up to five (5) business days after the date of enrollment if there is no evidence of the student beginning the course
- If a student terminates training after beginning the course, the following refunds apply:
|% of Course Completed||% of Allowed Refund|
|Within first 10% of program||90% of tuition less the cost of program materials*|
|After 10% but within first 25% of program||75% of tuition less the cost of program materials*|
|After 25% but within first 50% of program||50% of tuition less the cost of program materials*|
|After 50%||No refund|
|*Program materials are $250|
- If the student has not started the course, and it is within 30 days of enrollment, the student is entitled to a full refund less the cost of the program materials ($250) and is not required to return the books and materials.
- If a student chooses to change his or her registration from an online course to a live class, he or she must simply pay the difference to be eligible.
- A student may cancel his or her registration only by contacting his or her AHIT Admissions Counselor.
- Classes are not transferable to another student.
Expiration and Extensions
Courses must be completed within 12 months of enrollment date. If you are unable to complete your course within the initial 12-month period, you may extend course access for a fee of $50 per month. Students must contact AHIT within 30 days of expiration to obtain an extension. Access to the course after 30 days from initial expiration requires re-enrollment. A discounted fee of 50% of the original purchase price will be charged.
In the case of extenuating circumstances, the director will consider a settlement that is reasonable and fair to the student and the school.
- Students are required to fully pay all tuition no later than two (2) weeks prior to the start of a class. If full payment is not received, AHIT has the right to withdraw the student until the balance is paid in full.
- If a student does not contact American Home Inspectors Training to schedule payment for an outstanding balance, AHIT will invoice the student for payment two (2) weeks prior to the class start date.
- AHIT reserves the right to refer any outstanding balance to a collection agency.
- If a student desires to obtain a license in multiple states that require live training, AHIT will work with each such student to determine the best schedule for the student.
- Student will be charged 100% of the more expensive class and assessed an additional $500 fee for each additional live class.
- Students have six (6) months from the completion date of the first class to enroll in an additional class to take advantage of this discount. More than six (6) months completion of the class, student will be charged full price.
Changes Made By The School
- If AHIT cancels a live class (for any reason), a student may transfer into another session of his or her choice at no expense to the student. If the student chooses to attend a session in an adjacent state or of a longer duration, the student is required to pay any difference.
- AHIT is not responsible for any travel expenses (e.g., air, hotel, car rental, etc.) the student incurs.
- If AHIT cancels a class and the student wishes to modify his or her registration from a live class to an online class, he or she is eligible to receive the partial refund of the live class equal to the difference between the live class price and the online class price.
- If the school is unable to make alternative arrangements that are satisfactory to the student, the school will refund all monies paid by the student of the class.
NOTE: For students who are residents of, or taking live class training in, ARIZONA, COLORADO, GEORGIA, KANSAS, KENTUCKY, MINNESOTA, OHIO, PENNSYLVANIA, TENNESSEE, and WISCONSIN, the state-specific Enrollment Agreement contains the applicable refund and cancellation policy. GI Bill students taking the class in WISCONSIN should follow the GI Bill refund and cancellation policy listed in the Wisconsin Enrollment Agreement.
This policy relates only to those materials that are not included in your tuition expense.
PRODUCT RETURN AND REFUND POLICY
You have 30 calendar days to return an item from the date you purchased it, with the exception of non-returnable items. To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. Shipping costs are nonrefundable.
Once we receive your item(s), we will inspect it and notify you. If your return is approved, we will initiate a refund to the original form of payment. Credit card refunds are fully processed within 7-10 days, depending on your card issuer’s policies. No refunds are given after 30 calendar days of purchase.
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping for the cost of returning your item(s). Shipping costs are nonrefundable.
SOFTWARE REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY
Terms of Service
Your software maintenance agreement begins 12 months after we activate your device and continues monthly through the term of use. (‘Service Commitment’).
Cloud terms are typically a 12 or 24-month period. At the end of your service commitment, this agreement will automatically continue on a month-to-month basis.
Fulfillment of Service Commitment
There are two ways to fulfill your service commitment. You can pay for the services included in your service commitment upfront or monthly for the term of your service commitment. If you decide to cancel prior to the end of your service commitment an early termination fee (ETF) of $200 will apply.
Your Termination Rights
Within the first 14 days after service activation, you may terminate your agreement for any reason and not be required to pay an ETF. After the first 14 days, you may not terminate your agreement without penalty for any reason. If you do cancel, you agree to pay AHIT an early termination fee of $200. Once your contract period is complete, you may cancel at any time with a 30-day notice.
Lack of Payment
If for any reason your account falls more than thirty (30) days behind due to lack of payment, your software will be deactivated immediately, and you have thirty (30) days to contact American Home Inspectors Training with new billing information. If you contact AHIT after the thirty (30) day grace period, a $100 reactivation fee will occur. Any suspended account over ninety (90) days is subject to closure and loss of all data.
 In the event of an extension or re-enrollment, it is the responsibility of the student to verify with a school representative that the course approval is still active.
 Non-returnable items include image libraries, termite/radon/septic courses, business cards, brochures and racks cards.