PRE-LICENSE EDUCATION REFUND, CANCELLATION, & PAYMENT POLICIES*
Class Refund and Cancellation Policy
- Students have the right to cancel or reschedule any training up to five (5) business days after the date of purchase if the student has not begun the class. After 5 business days, no refunds will be given.
- All cancellations or rescheduling requests must be made by contacting your AHIT Admissions Counselor.
- Materials must be returned in resalable condition in order to receive a full refund.
- If materials are not resalable, a $250 materials fee will be assessed.
- Classes are non-transferable to another student.
- Refunds will be made to the credit card used in the original transaction unless notice is provided by the student in writing.
- Students are required to fully pay any remaining tuition no later than two (2) weeks prior to the start of a class.
- If a student does not contact American Home Inspectors Training to schedule payment for an outstanding balance, AHIT will authorize payment on the previously used credit or debit card two (2) weeks prior to the class start date.
- If a student needs to reschedule a live class after five (5) business days of registration, a $100 rescheduling fee will be applied.
- In the event that a credit card is declined, any outstanding balance for a class will be invoiced.
- AHIT reserves the right to refer any outstanding balance to a collection agency.
Changes Made by the School
- If the school cancels or changes a course of study or location in such a way that the student who has started is unable to complete training, arrangements will be made in a timely manner to accommodate the needs of each student enrolled in the course who is affected by the cancellation or change.
- If the school is unable to make alternative arrangements that are satisfactory to both parties, the school will refund all monies paid by the student of the course.
* For students who are residents of, or taking live class training in, ARIZONA, COLORADO, FLORIDA, GEORGIA, KANSAS, KENTUCKY, MINNESOTA, OHIO, PENNSYLVANIA, TENNESSEE, TEXAS, and WISCONSIN, the state-specific Enrollment Agreement contains the applicable refund and cancellation policy. GI Bill students taking the course in WISCONSIN should follow the GI Bill refund and cancellation policy listed in the Wisconsin Enrollment Agreement.
PRODUCT RETURN AND REFUND POLICY
This policy relates only to those materials that are not included in your tuition expense.
You have 30 calendar days to return an item from the date you purchased it, with the exception of non-returnable items.* To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it.
Once we receive your item(s), we will inspect it and notify you. If your return is approved, we will initiate a refund to the original form of payment. Credit card refunds are fully processed within 7-10 days, depending on your card issuer's policies. No refunds are given after 30 days of purchase.
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping for the cost of returning your item(s). Shipping costs are nonrefundable.
SOFTWARE REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY
Terms of Service
Your agreement begins on the day we activate your service(s) and continues through the term of service, typically a 6 month, 12 month, or 24 month period. ('Service Commitment') At the end of your service commitment, this agreement will automatically continue on a month-to-month basis.
Fulfillment of Service Commitment
There are two ways to fulfill your service commitment. You can pay for the services included in your service commitment upfront or monthly for the term of your service commitment. If you decide to cancel prior to the end of your service commitment an early termination fee (ETF) will apply.
Your Termination Rights
Within the first 14 days after service activation, you may terminate your agreement for any reason and not be required to pay an ETF. After the first 14 days, you may not terminate your agreement without penalty for any reason. If you do cancel, you agree to pay AHIT an early termination fee of $200. Once your contract period is complete, you may cancel at any time with a 30 day notice.
Lack of Payment
If for any reason your account falls more than thirty (30) days behind due to lack of payment, your software will be deactivated immediately and you have thirty (30) days to contact American Home Inspectors Training with new billing information. If you contact AHIT after the thirty (30) day grace period, a $100 reactivation fee will occur. Any suspended account over ninety (90) days is subject to closure and loss of all data.