While statistics vary, clothes dryers cause thousands of fires in U.S. homes every year, and many people are injured—even die—as a result.
We have all heard about incidents with carbon monoxide (CO). Many home inspectors are not familiar with the sources or the “acceptable” exposure levels.
Kevin Mathers realized he had made the right choice in picking American Home Inspectors Training Institute the day he took his state licensing test.
Home inspectors can help keep people safe by making sure heating systems, a common source of CO poisoning, are in good working order.
Keeping a home warm during the cold winter can be expensive and energy-consuming. But you can suggest things homeowners can do—even if they’re not handy— to reduce those costs and save energy.
Having a home inspection done can make the real estate transaction go smoother. But what about ways to make the home inspection itself a smoother process?
Regardless of whether states have requirements to do the testing or not, professional home inspectors should be familiar with how to do short- and long-term radon testing, as well as how to determine if a homeowner needs to take action.
The GI Bill is reimbursing members of the U.S. military who train to be home inspectors through American Home Inspectors Training in AHIT's Wisconsin facility.
The cover-to-cover update offers home inspectors the latest information on codes, products and practices and features more visuals and diagrams.
According to the National Fire Protection Association, three out of five deaths happen in homes with no smoke alarms or non-working alarms.