Alabama Home Inspection
Home Inspection Pre-License
- Pass the National Home Inspector Exam
- Must carry $250,000 in Errors & Omissions Insurance
- General liability insurance not less than $20,000 for injury or damage to property; $50,000 for injury or damage, including death, to any one person; $100,000 for injury or damage, including death, to more than one person.
- Must carry liability insurance.
- No specific education required but must pass the ASHI Standards of Practice Exam
And One of the Following:
- Membership in and adherence to the ethical standards of ASHI or NAHI (or an equivalent professional body), OR
- Current approval or certification by the United States Veterans Administration, HUD, the Southern Building Code Congress
International, or the Council of American Building Officials, OR
- Current licensure in Alabama as a general contractor, architect, structural engineer, or residential home builder
No CE required for renewal but registration must be renewed annually.