Washington State Department of Licensing requires home inspectors to be licensed in order to perform inspection. Washington inspectors must meet certain qualifications to Become a Home Inspector
Steps towards becoming a Washington Home Inspector
- Get Educated. Attend AHIT’s board approved course of 120 hours in home inspection.
- Attend 40 hours of field training with a State of Washington licensed inspector provided by AHIT.
- Submit your application to the State of Washington Department of Licensing
- Schedule and pass your State Examination. AHIT will prepare you to pass this.
- Apply for your license.
- Receive your home inspector license and begin inspecting!!