InspectIt® Report Authenticator
On this page you will find the latest version of Report Authenticator program for both Pay-Per-Use and Membership/Purchase plan users. Changes have been made to the report downloader programs to increase compatibility with newer operating systems. A new feature has also been added that will now be able to inform you of enhancements, upgrades, and training for the software.
Note: The screens you see during the installation may vary due to your version of Internet Explorer, Windows, or other software such as virus protection programs that you may have on your system. If presented with an alternate screen, choose the option that would most likely continue the installation such as a Yes or OK button.
This program is powered by Microsoft's .NET Framework and will not run on PCs running Windows ME or older.
Minimum System Requirements
- Windows Vista, XP, 2000
- Internet Explorer 5.0 or newer. Click here to go to the Microsoft website to download the latest version of Internet Explorer
Powered by Microsoft .NET Framework
The program installation routine will detect if the .Net Framework 2.0 is already installed. Please note that the .Net Framework 2.0 is an approximate 22 MB download.
You can check to see if you already have the .NET Framework 2.0 installed by clicking Start on your Windows desktop, selecting Control Panel and then double-clicking the Add or Remove Programs icon. NOTE: This is not applicable to Windows Vista, which has the .Net Framework pre-installed.
When that window appears, scroll through the list of applications. If you see Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 listed, the latest version is already installed and you do not need to install it again.
If you do not have the .Net Framework 2.0 installed and would prefer to install it before installing the program, you can download and install it from the Microsoft website:
- Download and install the .Net Framework from Microsoft Windows Update.
- When the Windows Update window appears, the Update window will do an initial analysis of your operating system. When it is done click Custom.
- The window will be refreshed and you may see a window that encourages you to download and install critical updates (these need to be done first). To access the .Net Framework download, look to the left-side frame and click Software, Optional.
- When the Optional Software Updates list appears, locate "Microsoft .NET Framework version 2.0".
- Check the selection box to add the Framework to your installation list. Then click the Review and install updates link.
- When the Review and Install Updates window appears, ensure the Framework is listed and then click Install Updates.
What Is the Microsoft .NET Framework?
The Microsoft .NET Framework is an important new component of the Microsoft Windows family of operating systems. It is the foundation of the next generation of Windows-based applications that are easier to build, deploy, and integrate with other networked systems. More...
Read through these instructions and then click on one of the links at the end of this step to install the Report Downloader/Authentication program.
- After you choose one of the installation options below (under the File Download heading), you will then be asked if you would you like to Open/Run the file or Save it. Choose the Open or the Run From Current Location option. If you are asked if you want to install the program, choose Yes.
- The installation program is now complete, please press the close button and use the software as you normally would.
Note: If you are using Netscape, Firefox, or another browser that does not give you an option to open or run the installation program from within the browser window, you will need to save the setup file to your hard drive and double-click on it to install.