The Bacharach Snifit 50 Analyzer measures CO in ambient air in rooms and garages, or around furnaces, stoves, water heaters, other types of combustion appliances or anywhere high concentrations of CO may be detected.
Carbon Monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless, and tasteless gas that is slightly less dense than air. It is toxic to humans when encountered in concentrations above about 35 ppm.
The Snifit 50 samples the surrounding air and shows the detected concentration of CO on its Liquid Crystal Display. If a high level of CO is detected, the monoxide detector sounds an alarm, giving people in the area a chance to ventilate the area or safely leave the building.
The CO Detector can alert you to faulty fuel burning devices. Carbon Monoxide is produced from incomplete combustion of fossil fuels and can be formed, for example, by open flames, faulty gas furnaces, space heaters, blocked chimneys or running a car inside a garage.
Carbon Monoxide Meter Features:
- Measures and displays 0 to 1999 ppm CO in room air
- Sensitive CO sensor will last up to 2 years
- Backlight for viewing in dark areas
- Compact pocket size
- Low battery indication
- Manual zero adjust
- Factory calibrated on 100 ppm CO
- Simple field calibration
- Auto power-off after 35 minutes
- Single 9V battery (included) provides at least 1500 hours of operation
Bacharach Snifit Model 50 Specifications:
- Gas Monitored: Carbon Monoxide (CO)
- Range: 0 to 1999 ppm
- Resolution: 1 ppm
- Accuracy: ± (5% of reading + 5 ppm)
- Response: 30 sec. to 90% of final value
- Power: 9V battery
- Battery Life: 1500 hours minimum
- Temperature Range: 32 to 104 °F (0 to 40 °C)
- Case Material: High impact plastic